How do I create a map with multiple individual destinations from single departure point - in one map RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a map that shows mileage from a single departure point, to each of multiple destinations ( one destination, one mileage amount) and display all of them on the same map. How can I do this?
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:35 AM

All replies

• If you mean with the various routes shown on the map, unfortunately, the answer is that Streets and Trips won't do that automatically. 

On the other hand, if all you really want is the distance to each point from the single departure point, you could do the following.  Also, I assume that you mean the driving distance rather than 'as the crow flies.'

Place a pushpin at your departure point and enter that in the Route planner as the route start.  Calculate a route to the first destination of your choice.  Put a pushpin on the map at that destination and enter the calculated distance from the Driving directions in the balloon for that destination and give it an appropriate name.  Now, clear that route and repeat for the second destination and so on until all destinations have pushpins with balloon information about each distance.

If the routes are fairly simple, you can use the freehand drawing tool to trace a line over the projected route for each destination.  You would probably want to do that after you have calculated each single route before you delete it and recalculate the next route.

• Proposed as answer by Philip K1 Wednesday, November 9, 2011 3:31 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 3:31 AM
  • That is a good work around. Thanks!

Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:26 AM
  • Glad I could help; you are quite welcome!
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:09 AM