none
Picked MCITP: exam 72-450 not having prerequisite/s of it which is MCTS: Exam 70-432 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, good day. Obviously, I'm still a student. DreamSpark is currently giving a free MS certification to students of a parterned institution. And without reading/knowing about the certifications and how it should go, I picked Exam 72-450 and set an appointment. So, here's my question. Will the testing centers will allow me to take that examination? And if yes and I passed the exam, can I consider myself as a MCITP already? Thanks to those who'll take time to write. :)
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:09 AM

Answers

• Yes they will still let you sit the exam as you can sit the exams in any order.

You will also need to pass "Exam 70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Installation and Maintenance" before you become a MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator 2008)

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    • Marked as answer by xtian.d Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:11 AM

All replies

• Yes they will still let you sit the exam as you can sit the exams in any order.

You will also need to pass "Exam 70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Installation and Maintenance" before you become a MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator 2008)

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    • Marked as answer by xtian.d Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:11 AM
  • ohh.. :) thank you sir.. :)
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:21 AM
  • No problem and thanks for marking your question as answered.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:57 AM