none
how to use umxdot11.exe in sdk 2.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we developed a function module in sdk 1.6, but now update sdk into the 2.0 version. I want to transplant the module into sdk2.0, and I have modified the dut commands in a bat file according to sdk2.0 as follows:

e:
    cd E:\SoraSDK2.0\bin
    dut start --radio 0
    dut radwr --reg 0x07 --value 5600 --radio 0
    dut radrr --reg 0x0a --radio 0
    dut txgain --value 0x1000 --radio 0
    cd E:\SoraSDK2.0\target\fre_wxp_x86\i386
    UMXDot11 tx
    pause

Now the problem is: the umxdot11 can run but there is no signal actually being sent out.

Could anyone help me?

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:43 AM

Answers

• First, I notices this line in your batch file:

Are you going to set frequency of the radio Index 0? If yes, please use 'dut centralfreq' or 'dut freqoffset' command options.

Second, you asked about why no signal sent out by 'umxdot11'. I am not sure your environment and your monitoring method for 'no signal'. I suggest you add more output like 'printf', or debug the program by debugger like Visual Studio. If you can provide specified question, we are easier to help you.

Thanks

-Qi

• Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 8:30 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

You should specify radio index (should be '0' if your hardware is SISO) while using the dut in SDK2.0.

-Jiansong

• Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:19 AM

All replies

• First, I notices this line in your batch file:

Are you going to set frequency of the radio Index 0? If yes, please use 'dut centralfreq' or 'dut freqoffset' command options.

Second, you asked about why no signal sent out by 'umxdot11'. I am not sure your environment and your monitoring method for 'no signal'. I suggest you add more output like 'printf', or debug the program by debugger like Visual Studio. If you can provide specified question, we are easier to help you.

Thanks

-Qi

• Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 8:30 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, I want to set frequency of Radio0, and in sdk1.6,  'dut centralfreq' is used. However, in sdk 2.0, previously I did not know whether the dut commands can be used just as those in sdk1.6. I just used the commands the supplier (v3 company) gave us for test cases.

I have tried this according to your advice:

e:
    cd E:\SoraSDK2.0\bin
    dut start
    dut txgain --value 0x1000
    dut centralfreq --value 5600
    cd E:\SoraSDK2.0\target\fre_wxp_x86\i386
    umxdot11 tx
    pause

After I restart the host PC, I find that these two methods ('dut centralfreq' and 'dut radwr --reg 0x07') have the same problem:

I can find signal in the spectrum analyzer, but the central frequency is always 2412 MHz, whatever the value I set.

Note that:

1. The Sora I used is the SISO version, not the MIMO one, and the sdk version is 2.0;

2. I have not modified any codes yet, and just want to know whether the 'umxdot11' works in sdk 2.0 or not.

I also want to know the usage of the dut toool in sdk 2.0.

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

You should specify radio index (should be '0' if your hardware is SISO) while using the dut in SDK2.0.

-Jiansong

• Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:19 AM
  • Thank you very much!

Yes, I add '--radio 0' to all the command lines, and the problem has been solved.

• Edited by xinyue Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:44 AM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:23 AM