none
oradbproj in 2015 : Is there any limit on the number of files in a folder? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a oradbproj file working well with Visual Studio 2010. I am migrating it to 2015. For this I am manually creating oradbproj file in a editor. I am seeing an issue with the number of files one can add to a folder.

e.g. Files are added directly to project under content tag -

<Content Include="MyScripts/1.1/upgrade1.1.sql">
     <SubType>Content</SubType>
    </Content>
    While I keep the number of files under around 90 in one folder VisualStudio can open this project However time I exceed the number of files say more than 100, visual studio do not open my project and it just hangs after 15 minutes or so.
    Friday, February 16, 2018 10:12 AM

All replies

• I suppose your issue is not caused from the number of files in one folder.

Can't you guess other causes?

Ashidacchi

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:51 PM
  • Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum and start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:43 PM
  • Well, my larger projects easily have more than this, and these are Visual C++ projects. When I was using 2015 before I upgraded to 2017, I never saw any loading issues at all.

This personally says to me that Visual Studio itself has no issues, there doesn't seem to be any hard limits on the filters in solution explorer, if anything this seems to be a project system issue. Since the oradbproj project system is a project system that isn't written by Microsoft, then you would have more luck contacting the developers of this project system.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:56 PM