Suggestion or bug: sync online and local status reporting? RRS feed

• Question

• The OneCare gadget in http://my.live.com is not showing the same status as my local installation. Is this expected please? It would seem to be a good idea to have these aware of each other and kept in sync if possible.

Online:

Scanner results

You last ran a full service scan on 4/13/2008

Protection   Clean up
     Tune up  

We recommend that you run a full service scan

Local:

Your OneCare circle: No actions to take
    Saturday, July 5, 2008 10:25 PM

Answers

• The gadget is really reporting two things, the status of your local One Care installation and the status of your usage of the online Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner. There is nothing to sync since they are two different products. Frankly I would ditch the gadget since it doesn't tell you any more than the One Care icon in your system tray.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 10:50 PM

All replies

• The gadget is really reporting two things, the status of your local One Care installation and the status of your usage of the online Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner. There is nothing to sync since they are two different products. Frankly I would ditch the gadget since it doesn't tell you any more than the One Care icon in your system tray.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 10:50 PM
  • Thanks Jim -- except not all my machines have OneCare. My homepage is universal across all my machines (work and home), but only my home machines have OneCare.

To me, it would make some sense to make the online OneCare at least aware of the offline OneCare if present.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 1:09 AM
  • Yes that would make sense but I think the responsibility for this lies with the gadget maker.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 1:20 PM