Give Beta testers newest Version of WHS! RRS feed

• Question

• https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=270700

I am sort of getting sick of hearing "fixed"..

Hum its fixed? Where? I have Updates turned on.. by accident I found out a new verison of WHS out.. only for MSDN subscribers..

VOTE 5 so we will get the newest Version of WHS!
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:26 PM

Answers

• The Beta 2 group (most everyone here) will probably get a newer beta of WHS at some point. An interview with Joel Sider here says so. There was apparently a leak of the current Community Technology Preview candidate (which has not been publicly released, as far as I can tell) on a web site earlier this week. That's what the Winfuture site is posting about. (Consider, BTW, that the leak may result in Microsoft choosing not to release another public beta. I don't know that it will, but other software vendors have done similar things after leaks.)

So, we can demand a new public beta all we want. Microsoft didn't promise us anything when we filled out the survey, so our demands are likely to fall on (mostly; I believe some of the MS folks who post here regularly are sympathetic to our plight) deaf ears. We knew this right up front, just as we knew that there was an "Insider" group that would receive frequent (but less stable) updates.

Feel free to vote on this; it might even make a difference, though I personally doubt it. I'm going to lock this thread, though. We're not talking about WHS, we're talking about Microsoft's beta release schedule.
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:49 PM