Do i have to remove AV before connecting to internet RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello to everone,

Do I have to remove third party firewall and current AV before downloading oneCare from site.

I am asking this qustion because when i am clicking on Get it now button . A file of 1.25MB size is saved to desktop.

It appears that installation will be done from net, i.e no saved installers to install it on another PC, another PC has to be connected to net again.

is there a link to download oncare and save it your disk.

I am asking this for following scenerio ' you have removed your AV and Firewall and Onecare is also not installed sucessfully due to unreliable network, then you have to reinstall your back av etc

Regards

Adi

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:16 AM

Answers

•   

You don’t really have any option to not uninstall these programs, since the OneCare installer will automatically detect your existing antivirus and firewall programs as conflicting programs. Virtually all full-featured security programs are designated as conflicting programs because they utilize a memory-resident on-access scanner that will conflict with the one that OneCare uses. The OneCare installer will literally present you with the option of uninstalling the conflicting programs or cancelling the installation. As far as I know there is no full installer available. The SetupOneCare.exe file requires an internet connection for the installation, and OneCare itself also requires a “56 kbps or faster Internet connection (broadband recommended)”.

GreginMich

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:54 PM

All replies

•   

You don’t really have any option to not uninstall these programs, since the OneCare installer will automatically detect your existing antivirus and firewall programs as conflicting programs. Virtually all full-featured security programs are designated as conflicting programs because they utilize a memory-resident on-access scanner that will conflict with the one that OneCare uses. The OneCare installer will literally present you with the option of uninstalling the conflicting programs or cancelling the installation. As far as I know there is no full installer available. The SetupOneCare.exe file requires an internet connection for the installation, and OneCare itself also requires a “56 kbps or faster Internet connection (broadband recommended)”.

GreginMich

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:54 PM
  • Thank you mich

Regards

Adi
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:29 PM