none
How to create a R project DLL? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, can you tell me how to create a R project DLL for Windows Form in Visual Studio 2015?

In R Tools for Visual Studio (RTVS) , we can edit R program, but we don’t know how to create a R DLL through R Tools. We will create Windows Form project to call R DLL which compiled by R Tools. Please help me how to combine Windows Form and R project.

Thank you very much.

Hsiu Hui Tsai

Monday, July 3, 2017 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi 蔡秀慧,

About R Project, I just know a little from the following link, please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/rtvs/projects

Maybe the other will help you about this.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Hi, Cherry,

Thanks for your replier.

We know how to create R project in Visual Studio and we can use multiple project types in Visual Studio.

But we don’t know how to interop between R and other project type (ex: Visual Basic).Do you know how to interop between R and other project type ?

Thank you very much.

Hsiu Hui Tsai.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:55 AM
  • Unfortunately this a Visual Basic .NET forum so we can't help you with R Language programming. In order to call an R Language component from .NET, it would either need to have a COM/ActiveX interface (for COM interop), or be a C DLL library that uses standard function calling conventions that can be called from .NET using PInvoke.

As far as I know there is no support for creating .NET DLLs using R.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:11 PM