Modifying Scope Config for newly added column RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using HUB n Spoke model for syncronizing the data. I have configured many of the scopes specific to the respective site (site specific filters). Now one of the table has been Altered and added one column into it. I want to add this column in the scope config, so that the newly added column also syncronizes. Deleting and reconfiguring the scope is not the option as I have lot of data in the database which takes weeks to syncronize (Deleting and reconfiguring scope initiats the sync from the scratch). I am using the version SyncFx2.1

I have gone through the objects that SyncFx creates like triggers, SPs, _tracking tables and found that I may need to modify those. Here are my findings :

1 _Insert Sp needs to be modified to accommodate the new column Parameters and Insert Query columns
    2 _SelectChanges SP needs to be modified to accommodate the new column The Select Query columns
    3 _SelectRow SP needs to be modified to accommodate the new column The Select Query columns
    4 _Update SP needs to be modified to accommodate the new column The Update Query columns
    5 config_data xml needs to be modified to accommodate the new column The respective Adapter Element with new Col element

If I do the above said modifications manually at all the sites and HUB, will the SyncFx work normally ? Is there anything missing ?

If anyone encountered the same issue and found other way of doing this, I would appriciate if you share the same.

Keep in mind that the single table is included in near about 100 scopes with the diff. _selectchanges_* SPs.

-Ajinath

Ajinath
    Friday, January 7, 2011 6:22 AM

All replies

• Does anyone have idea about this?

-Ajinath

Ajinath
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:01 PM
  • if your using the bulk procedures, there is a corresponding User-Defined Table Type for the tables. Check in SQL Management Studio under <DBName>->Programmability0->Types->User-Defined Table Types
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:09 AM
  • if your using the bulk procedures, there is a corresponding User-Defined Table Type for the tables. Check in SQL Management Studio under <DBName>->Programmability0->Types->User-Defined Table Types
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Thanks JuneT for looking into this.

I am not using bulk procedures as the databases included in sync are SQL 2005 which dont have the User Defined Table Types.

Please advise.

-Ajinath

Ajinath
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:03 PM
  • if the new column is part of a filter, i think you will have to add the column in the tracking table.

other than that, i think you should be ok with your steps above. i would have done it the same way probably.

you might want to run some tests and share the results here as well.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:32 PM
  • did you see any issues ? for adding new columns, that should be good.

you can refer to this post for the generic steps to handle simple schema changes :  http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/syncdevdiscussions/thread/86F834C4-E482-4FE6-9FD3-5F49441879F7

thanks

yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:36 PM