Activation Issue for Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I've spent  6 hours reading posts here and doing searches on the Internet. I realize the validation tool is not working yet, but that isn't helping me with the days counting down before my legally purchased vs locks me out. So my question is, WHO do we talk to and HOW do we talk to them??? A phone number would be great!...There has to be someone, somewhere that can help with these issues.

Like others, my original installation self activated without a hitch. Then for other reasons I had to perform a clean install of my XP Pro OS. Currently my experience is the key validates upon installation, then constant notifications asking to activate the product. Will not activate online, nor by phone. The message I am receiving is that it cannot activate because the key is invalid. If the key is invalid, why does it validate during installation, and why did it work just fine during the first installation of the product???

Oh, by the way when you click on the link provided for further information after attempting the online activation...the link given is no good, but you do receive approximately 1500 possibilities. When attempting to activate over the phone, you are never given the opportunity to speak with a 'live' person. Instead you are told to go to www.ga.microsoft.com. A lot of good that does...still no help.

I am not yelling at anyone here, but I am becoming extremely frustrated that MS has put out a product with no support...15 days left...what then?

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Any ideas where we can go for help?

Thanks

Friday, October 29, 2010 8:17 PM

Answers

• Hello starz777,

If you do a telephonic activation and enter nothing into the system and say nothing, you are supposed to be shunted to a live operator if you call during your country/region's normal business hours.

Is that not happening?

Don't let the clock run out....to take advantage of the Office 2010 Tech Guarantee, you must download Office 2010 by 10/31/10. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/
    • Marked as answer by starz777 Friday, October 29, 2010 9:10 PM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hello starz777,

If you do a telephonic activation and enter nothing into the system and say nothing, you are supposed to be shunted to a live operator if you call during your country/region's normal business hours.

Is that not happening?

Don't let the clock run out....to take advantage of the Office 2010 Tech Guarantee, you must download Office 2010 by 10/31/10. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/
    • Marked as answer by starz777 Friday, October 29, 2010 9:10 PM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 8:23 PM
  • I've tried on two occasions, the first time I entered the data required using the buttons on my phone, the second time I tried speaking the numbers. Both times I was referred to the Genuine Advantage site, I did not bother to hang around on the phone. Are you suggesting that I call up and say nothing in order to speak with someone, that is what it sounds like. I'll try that right now, just for the heck of it.

Thanks for your quick response!

Friday, October 29, 2010 8:29 PM
  • I never would have dreamed of not speaking or doing nothing in order to speak with a live person, new one on me. Imagine the time I could have saved!

Thank you for answering my post. Issue resolved.

Friday, October 29, 2010 9:10 PM
  • Hello starz777,

Glad we were able to help...you're welcome :-)

Saturday, October 30, 2010 1:00 PM