Why doesn't client explorer see the documents share? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with my WHS and Win7 connection.

Just installed Win7 on my client no 2. In Win 7 Libraries I see Pictures, Music etc. shares on WHS, but not documents.  I can access the server documents folders in all other ways, just not via Libraries. On my other Win7 client all is well. Probably a Win7 issue, but I ask the question here anyway.

Friday, February 5, 2010 2:48 PM

Answers

• On Win 7 client no. 2, open Libraries , then Documents , then click on the link Includes: n Locations at the top of the Window. Manually add the desired server folders to the library.
    • Marked as answer by hauge48 Friday, February 5, 2010 11:07 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 5:46 PM

All replies

• On Win 7 client no. 2, open Libraries , then Documents , then click on the link Includes: n Locations at the top of the Window. Manually add the desired server folders to the library.
    • Marked as answer by hauge48 Friday, February 5, 2010 11:07 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 5:46 PM
  • Thanks! I knew there was an easy answer.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 11:08 PM
  • I have 3 computers with Win7.  One will let me add any folder from the WHS to the Document Library, the other two will not let me any of my own folders.  They always come up checking whether the folder is indexed and then fail because it isn't.  I can't think of anything different I did when I installed Win7 onto the computers or in the way they are set up.

I have been able to add extra folders to the Music, Video and Pictures Libraries using WMP but that won't work for the Documents Library.

Sunday, February 7, 2010 12:50 PM