Home server Software Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Acer Aspire Easystore server H340 which is only 1 ½ years old. This server ran the last version of  windows home server. I just built a new computer for my work which I run windows 7 64 bit.  I had no problem using or accessing my server as an administrator while running XP Pro, with my new computer I can’t access the server at all running windows 64 bit.  If I go to my laptop which I have XP Pro I can access. the server as administrator.  I can’t evening down load the old software to my new computer. Would this be the case as the older version of windows home server does not recognize windows 7 64 bit. Would purchasing the new windows 2011 homeserver  software cure this problem so that I can use my home server again. Thanks inadvance.

• Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:04 PM V1 issue (From:Windows Home Server 2011)
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:48 PM

All replies

• You do not say by what method you are trying to access your server - RDP, Connector Software and Console or just Shares? Which software are you trying to download to your new computer and by what method?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:36 PM
  • If your server is up to date, then you should have x64 client support, though it's possible it isn't on the connector CD. Try connecting to your server via the URL http://server:55000 (replacing "server" with the name of your server)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, September 26, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Hi there, I was conecting to the server via the connector software that came with my server. I have never had a problem on my old computer but my new system won't down load the connecter software or let me access the server as a administrator so that I can bring the server back to factory settings. Error messages and say doesn't support windows 64 bit system. I was going to purchase the new 2011 home server 64 bit software to see if it will resolve this issue. Frustrating
    Monday, September 26, 2011 9:01 PM