Automatic Internet Access Change RRS feed

• Question

• How do you determine if it is OneCare security that is blocking your internet access?  It seems like I get these prompts that indicated my access is restricted when I am connected to the same wireless router.  Once it does this I no longer get internet access.  What causes this automatic change in access?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:40 PM

Answers

• OneCare shouldn't be blocking Internet access. It may be that you are losing your wireless connection and are connecting to someone else's connection, which doesn't work with your settings or is secured. You can turn off the OneCare firewall to confirm that the connection is not being blocked by the firewall.

While in OneCare, change settings, Firewall tab, click on Advanced and then the Network connections tab. If you see that you are connected to a "Public" network or not connected to any network or an unidentified network, it is your network and not OneCare.

If you want, you can contact OneCare support for help -

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:29 AM