MS CRM and Sharepoint data exchange RRS feed

Answers

• As far as I know Sharepoint 2010 developed and works using Framework 3.5. Microsoft Dynamics CRM - using Framework 4.0. This means that it would be impossible to use CRM SDK assemblies from Sharepoint side. The possible way out is to create Service reference to CRM Endpoint and use it.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:45 AM
  • You have several options. If I understand your question correctly, you need to do CRUD operations in CRM from SharePoint. The problem is however, as Andrei, states, that SP runs on 3.5 while CRMs runtime is 4.0. The easiest way out is to use the OData endpoint i CRM 2011. If that's not suitable, have a look at the CRM 4.0 legacy endpoints in CRM 2011. However, if you expect a complex or evolving data transfer between the two systems you should look at a robust, loose coupling between the two systems. Create a hub application with endpoints for both systems and let it do the data exchange. If you need guaranteed message exchange, have a look at nServiceBus.

You can probably use the Business Connectivity Services too, but then you'd run in to the live data licensing issues and all the users of SharePoint would need to have an expensive CRM license to utilise the system

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:59 AM

All replies

• Monday, February 13, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Hello,

Do you need some additional materials for start of development?

SDK's for Sharepoint and CRM are available for free download. Or do you need something else?

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Monday, February 13, 2012 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for replying.

My question was not about SDK availability.

I asked if i have communicate data through Sharepoint to MS CRM, do i have to use CRM sdk for Create and Update also read or any other way is there.

Thanks,

Yes.sudhanshu

yes.sudhanshu

http://bproud2banindian.blogspot.com
    http://ms-crm-2011-beta.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:29 AM
  • As far as I know Sharepoint 2010 developed and works using Framework 3.5. Microsoft Dynamics CRM - using Framework 4.0. This means that it would be impossible to use CRM SDK assemblies from Sharepoint side. The possible way out is to create Service reference to CRM Endpoint and use it.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:45 AM
  • You have several options. If I understand your question correctly, you need to do CRUD operations in CRM from SharePoint. The problem is however, as Andrei, states, that SP runs on 3.5 while CRMs runtime is 4.0. The easiest way out is to use the OData endpoint i CRM 2011. If that's not suitable, have a look at the CRM 4.0 legacy endpoints in CRM 2011. However, if you expect a complex or evolving data transfer between the two systems you should look at a robust, loose coupling between the two systems. Create a hub application with endpoints for both systems and let it do the data exchange. If you need guaranteed message exchange, have a look at nServiceBus.

You can probably use the Business Connectivity Services too, but then you'd run in to the live data licensing issues and all the users of SharePoint would need to have an expensive CRM license to utilise the system

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:59 AM