MS CRM 2011 ONLINE - how to change unit quantities to whole number RRS feed

• Question

• So in our system, quantities are allways whole numbers and there will not be any decimals.

Now when I add a product using order product form, the quantity allways get 5 decimals. I know those decimals come from the unit entity's quantity field. And that field is set to use 5 decimals. Unfortunately I can not custom that field because it is not customable.

Is there any way to get of those decimals?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can change this in the solution. Select Settings -> Solutions -> Select the right solution. Select right entity and the decimal field and change the Precision to 0. This will take care of the issue.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Nope, I cannot edit that field.

But the ansewer is Price list item. In there I can set this individually for every product. There is a option called quantity selling option. And this must be set to whole.

• Marked as answer by crm-user-crm Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:42 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can change this in the solution. Select Settings -> Solutions -> Select the right solution. Select right entity and the decimal field and change the Precision to 0. This will take care of the issue.

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:14 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:14 AM
  • Hello,

Once field is created you can't change it's data type so you have to look the workaround suggested by Minal above.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Hi,

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya

Nope, I cannot edit that field.

But the ansewer is Price list item. In there I can set this individually for every product. There is a option called quantity selling option. And this must be set to whole.

• Marked as answer by crm-user-crm Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Nope, does not work for me.

I'm on CRM2011 RU16

Friday, August 29, 2014 9:27 AM