none
Duplicated files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have had to do a server reinstallation, as I changed the MOBO, now all my files are fine all carried over BUT in all my music files I now have for example folder name and within that folder there are 2 versions of the same song in every file for example

Sons birthday party (folder name)

songs:

happy birthday to you (original file)

happy birthday to you 1 (what I would guess is a duplicate file)

Now rather than go through every file as there are over 1000 and manually deleting all the duplicates is there anything I can do to wipe them all in one go?

as they are causing file conflicts

Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:58 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

I used DupFinder and it worked perfectly for what I required BUT (out of curiosity I tried it on another folder) which I know there were no duplicates and it said that lots of the files were so MAKE sure you check what it lists

Thanks to Evaders for posting and I hope this helps someone in the future

• Marked as answer by Tiberium Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:20 PM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Monday, June 28, 2010 8:38 PM
  • May have happened with a chkdsk looking for broken indexes. There are some duplicate file cleaners out there, don't know if any will help for your specific situation. Easier if they have different file sizes or something
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:22 AM
  • a chkdsk did run on my C:/ drive as its an older IDE it died which is why I had to do a server reinstall.

All the files are the same size its just the name thats different and as you can imagine deleting thousands and thousands of duplicates would save me so much space and not be annoying

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:57 AM
  • Hi all,

I used DupFinder and it worked perfectly for what I required BUT (out of curiosity I tried it on another folder) which I know there were no duplicates and it said that lots of the files were so MAKE sure you check what it lists

Thanks to Evaders for posting and I hope this helps someone in the future

• Marked as answer by Tiberium Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:20 PM