ASP.net Web Site Admin Tool, FBA, SBS2008 and WSS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a FBA site on my SBS 2008 (64-bit) machine using WSS 3.0 and Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2005.  I have followed instructions well but have run into at least one problem which I am addressing here.
    After creating the data store "FBA_DB" using c:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regsql.exe I go into VS2008 and create a website and then add a web.config.  I edit the <configuration> <connectionStrings> area, the <system.web><membership> ("FBAMembershipProviderName") area and <system.web><roleManager> ("FBARoleManagerName") area.  At this point I am to access the ASP.net Web Site Admin tool.  Once there I see that appropriate page in the Security area.  When I move to the "Select a different provider for each feature" on the Provider page, under Membership Provider I see AspNetSqlmembershipProvider witha  test link that works, I also see FBAMembershipProviderName but it has no test link available.  Under Role Provider I see AspNetSqlRoleProvider with a test link, AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider with no test link and FBARoleManagerName with no test link.

I am able to add user roles and users under Security and on the home page the Application "FBA" and Current User are correct.  I have not seen or created the AspNetSqlMembership Provider or the AspNetSqlRoleManager in hte past as far as I know.

Any help out theere for me?  Thanks for your time.

Matt Carlson
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:28 PM The sharePoint forums are not support forums for SBS. See the sticky post at the top of SP - General (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:32 PM

Answers

All replies