What happened to the client-side SDK? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Sometimes ago (back in November), a video was posted to Channel9 about the WHS Extensibility model, where Chris Gray explains how to write add-ins etc.

However, he mentions that there will be a client-side version of the SDK, which was confirmed by Charlie Kindel (see http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Charles/Chris-Gray-Windows-Home-Server-Extensibility-Model-Building-Add-Ins/#CommentID=362136 )

As I looked through the assemblies of the current beta of PP1 (Reflector is a very nice tool, btw. Smile ) I didn't notice anything that would suggest such a feature will be available...

I guess the client-side SDK stuff was postponed due to the corruption bug-fix, but I would like to have a definite answer Wink

Regards, Alex

Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:33 PM

Answers

• The short version is that the notification system will now be programmatically available on the client-side through Microsoft.HomeServer.SDK.Interop.v1.dll which was previously only usable on the server...

The documentation will be updated on the MSDN site when Power Pack 1 gets released.  I will check with the UA team to see what the status of this deliverable is and see if I can get an early draft posted here or if it is lengthy - posted to the Connect site for an early look.

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:55 PM

All replies

• The short version is that the notification system will now be programmatically available on the client-side through Microsoft.HomeServer.SDK.Interop.v1.dll which was previously only usable on the server...

The documentation will be updated on the MSDN site when Power Pack 1 gets released.  I will check with the UA team to see what the status of this deliverable is and see if I can get an early draft posted here or if it is lengthy - posted to the Connect site for an early look.

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Great, Thank you Sir!

Saturday, June 14, 2008 8:16 PM
  • Hi!

Thanks for the clarification Wink

Regards, Alex
    Sunday, June 15, 2008 9:25 AM