Homepage index but does not show up RRS feed

• Question

• I use to have hundreds of pages indexed by MSN, now when I enter site:www.christmasinprescott.com it shows only our home page and  it was last index 5/2/2008 but even when searching for our URL, we do not come up. 

The webmaster tools shows we rank high for our store name Christmas In Prescott and multiple other search terms but when I enter these even with parenthesis we do not show up on any page.  The tools show our site is NOT BLOCKED, we have numerous good outside links to our home page. 

I keep reading about 301 redirects - can someone tell me what that means?  I only use WSIWG software and am trying to learn as fast as I can.  Our website has been live since September 2006.  In September 2007 we changed from Valueweb hosting to Yahoo Store hosting - the only difference I can see is Valueweb WSIWG software used HTML whereas our Yahoo Store software uses XHTML 1.0 strict.  Could that make a difference?

I have done everything else suggested and all I get from MSN technical support is the same list of things to check (done to my knowledge), we do not see any problems - everything looks good, and wait 4 weeks.  Our site was indexed again yet again we do not show up and again it is only our home page.  We have a xml sitemap too which was submitted.

If anyone is willing to look our URL is www.christmasinprescott.com

Monday, May 5, 2008 1:03 AM

Answers

•  

Dustylinn,

I will take a look and get back to you in a day or so. Out of curiosity, did these issues start soon after you switched to Yahoo?

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Dustylinn,  sorry to hear that your site have many page drop from MSN index, a few of my site have the same problem too, hopefully you can resolve the issue soon. 301 redirects is mainly use if you need to change your webpage or website address permanently. Let say that you have a very old site ABC.com and for some reason you have to change the domain to XYZ.com. In order to take advantage of the link pointing to ABC.com you do a 301 redirect from ABC.com to XYZ.com, by this way your link popularity from ABC.com can be passed to your new domain XYZ.com. Hope that helps.
    Monday, May 5, 2008 3:56 PM
  • Thank you JimYS, that helps clarify that part.  We do not use a redirect, our url has remained the same. At least that is one part we do not have to worry about.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:36 AM
  •  

Dustylinn,

I will take a look and get back to you in a day or so. Out of curiosity, did these issues start soon after you switched to Yahoo?

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:38 PM
  • Yes, they started immediately after I switched to Yahoo - which just happened to be when MSN was going through algorithm changes too.  So I have no idea which, or if both, became the issue.

Saturday, May 31, 2008 9:32 PM