Incorrect drive size on mapped network drives RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I have recently added a new hard drive to my pool and removed 2 older drives from it, and since then the total space shown on my two networked drives has been incorrect.

I started off with 2 120GB drives and a 250GB drive. The 250 is the main drive and has the 20GB Windows Home Server OS partition on it. I recently added a new 500GB drive because the 120s were having problems, and after successfully removing these 2 older drives, I noticed that the total disk space shown on the network drives was incorrect. It shows that I have about 204GB free on a 212GB partition, which is obviously incorrect as it should be closer to about 750GB in total.

Although this isn't preventing me from using WHS in any way, it is slightly concerning.

Is there a way of fixing this at all?

Thanks,

Shafiq.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:25 AM

Answers

•  Shafiq Jetha wrote:

Hi all.

I have recently added a new hard drive to my pool and removed 2 older drives from it, and since then the total space shown on my two networked drives has been incorrect.

I started off with 2 120GB drives and a 250GB drive. The 250 is the main drive and has the 20GB Windows Home Server OS partition on it. I recently added a new 500GB drive because the 120s were having problems, and after successfully removing these 2 older drives, I noticed that the total disk space shown on the network drives was incorrect. It shows that I have about 204GB free on a 212GB partition, which is obviously incorrect as it should be closer to about 750GB in total.

Although this isn't preventing me from using WHS in any way, it is slightly concerning.

Is there a way of fixing this at all?

Thanks,

Shafiq.

WHS will only show the free space on the primary drive, it'll 'hide' free space on the other drives.  The only way to ensure the amount of freespace is to check within the console.  Its not a fault, its just the way it works.  Its showing 212gb because your primary is 250gb, lose say 18gb through formatting and 20gb for the C: partitition gives you 212gb. 
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 9:13 AM