Upgrade domain controller from 2003 to 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have upgraded to a new DC 2008 R2 and we are using MS CRM 2011 R11.

After this upgrade, if we shut down the old DC (2003) then the Email Router of the CRM stops functioning. This service runs by the Local System Account. The errors are authentication errors.

Also the custom webpages that are used in the CRM System are not accessible, they are hosted on the same IIS where the CRM Default Site is hosted.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

• Edited by Joe Mouawad Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:40 AM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

please post those errors in a new post in the activedirectory forum, i don´t think this is related to crm.

test your dns on the new dc, check if firewall is blocking etc..

when you have a new machine try to add to domain when the "old" ad server is down, there install the emailrouter and see if the same error is occuring.

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Sunday, September 21, 2014 5:43 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:25 AM

All replies

• uninstall email router and install again. do you have events in old2003AD or in evnts 2008AD? Or events on the server which you have installed the emailrouter?

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Hello Daniel,

Unfortunately, I don't have events on the old or new AD, however I have some logs from the CRM Server where the email router is installed and they are as follows:

1st error:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not resolve the user name. This could be caused by one of more of the following:

a) Name Resolution failure on the current domain controller.

b) Active Directory Replication Latency (an account created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).

2nd error:

The digitally signed Privilege Attribute Certificate (PAC) that contains the authorization information for client asalcrmpadm in realm ASAL.COM could not be validated.

This error is usually caused by domain trust failures; please contact your system administrator.

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:11 AM
  • Hi Joe,

please post those errors in a new post in the activedirectory forum, i don´t think this is related to crm.

test your dns on the new dc, check if firewall is blocking etc..

when you have a new machine try to add to domain when the "old" ad server is down, there install the emailrouter and see if the same error is occuring.

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Sunday, September 21, 2014 5:43 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:25 AM