locked
Urgent help needed- Unable to create PWA Site due to empty language drop down list RRS feed

  • Question

  • Windows 2008 R2 64bit, SharePoint 2010 Enteprise, Project Server 2010, SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition 64bit  (Physical Server: 16 processor core server, 12GB Ram, 3T Raid disk)

    These are installed as a single server farm.   The issue that I am running into is when I try to create the initial PWA site.   I follow these steps: 

    1. Open SharePoint 2010 Central Administration

    2. Click Application Management

    3. Under Service Application click Manage service applications

    4. Click Project Server Service Application

    5. Create Project Web App Site

    This is were my issue is.  I can't select any language on the Select a language drop down box.   All entries are blank.  the drop down dialog is extremely skinny.   So if I try to just fill out all other data and move on I get the following error:

    "Input string was not in a correct format."  and Correlation ID: 0fd2ea46-d67c-40fc-a247-f062b1a455a7

    I have searched all over the web and can't seem to find any answer to this issue.  I read one article that mentioned something similiar but not exact so I installed the Server Language Pack for English but that didn't do any good.   I have also tried to reinstall SharePoint a number of times but I still get to this point and am stuck.  After working on this for a few days, I have even tried installing the Project Server 2010 SP1.   But this did not resolve the issue either.

    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  This server should have been ready days ago and I just don't know what else to try...

     

    -Kevin

     


    Kevin
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:43 AM

Answers

  • Follow up:   It turns out that my server install was really messed up.   I completely uninstalled all applications and then still had to manually delete the left over SharePoint and SQL folder structures left behind.    I then reinstalled everything and this time the SharePoint and Project Server installed without incident.

    Thank all of you for your assistance.

    -Kevin


    Kevin
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Gray Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:09 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:09 AM

All replies

  • Kevin, what is the language of the Windows Server and SharePoint Server?
    Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Hello Kevin,

    Just a quick question , after installing the language pack, did you changge the settings:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff700192.aspx#section5

     


    Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Hi Amit,

    Thank you for your reply.  The language on my server is English.  I just went and verified that the local is set to English (United States).

     

    You did help me realize that I have a much larger issue though.  While I was in Site Settings, I clicked on the Web Parts link under the Galleries section. An received a wonderful "An unexpected error has occurred.  Correlation ID: 5dad4a6f-ac2c-44dd-9e76-bf3e97dba86a".      So immediately I went to see if there what user permissions I had set up so I went to People and Groups -> Farm Administrators  clicked on my Farm Administrator and received another unexpected error has occurred message.

    I will try to track this down and see if it is the root cause of the original symptom.   If anyone else has suggestions please let me know.



     


    Kevin
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Gray Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:06 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kevin Gray Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Gray Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:09 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kevin Gray Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:09 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Follow up:   It turns out that my server install was really messed up.   I completely uninstalled all applications and then still had to manually delete the left over SharePoint and SQL folder structures left behind.    I then reinstalled everything and this time the SharePoint and Project Server installed without incident.

    Thank all of you for your assistance.

    -Kevin


    Kevin
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Gray Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:09 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:09 AM