How i can learn MYSQL in C# ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I Have been studying C# and i know more or less the concept of how to use MYSQL in the other Language but, i wanted to learn now in C# .. however i don't find any book that i can learn in this new platform, my question is how i can learn MYSQL in C# and in other languages? because, the functions change and i never find any book.
    • Edited by KDST Friday, August 26, 2016 4:28 PM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, August 26, 2016 7:45 PM Third party product
    Friday, August 26, 2016 4:26 PM

All replies

• The best way to learn MySQL is to have a DB using MySQL and a DBMS that allows you to build and execute queries in a Graphical user interface.
    And having a toutorial, of course.

Using a MySQL query from C# is the same as with any other DBType:
    Find the Connection and Command classes associated with MySQL. Use those. It appears there are 3rd party Libraries for this:
    https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.9.html

Remember to mark helpfull answers as helpfull and close threads by marking answers.

• Edited by Christopher84 Friday, August 26, 2016 5:24 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, August 29, 2016 10:12 PM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

A good place to start Codeproject

Good luck

Greetings from Amsterdam the Netherlands

Friday, August 26, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Please post questions related to third party products like MySQL in their forums.
    Friday, August 26, 2016 7:44 PM
  • Please post questions related to third party products like MySQL in their forums.

Sorry for my post so, but MYSQL in c# version isn't a correct post here?

I Still don't understand a database language that i can use in C# therefore my question, i don't understand the difference between SQL to MYSQL and SQL Server yet.

• Edited by KDST Saturday, August 27, 2016 2:14 AM
    Saturday, August 27, 2016 2:12 AM
  • There is no difference.A statement  like (select *  from table) is the same. Look at the link from codeproject and then you see.

Greetings from Amsterdam the Netherlands

Saturday, August 27, 2016 3:13 AM

Sorry for my post so, but MYSQL in c# version isn't a correct post here?

I Still don't understand a database language that i can use in C# therefore my question, i don't understand the difference between SQL to MYSQL and SQL Server yet.

The whole point behind SQL/MySQL and the other Database Languages is that you have one language/string to send to the DB. Where you send that string from is irrelevant. The database has it's own language, that is used without regards for the code the request originates from.

The same idea stands behind every WebAPI:
    Who calls it, from where or why does not mater for it. It does it's job.
    Do not ask how to call "Restfull API X" from "C#".
    Ask how to use "Restfull API X" in general.
    And then how to call a Restfull API's in general from C#/.NET.
    It is a combined answer of both, like a composite primary key.

There are some fringe cases like Linq to SQL (LINQ applies SQL like semantics to every odd collection, so generating SQL from it was a logical step) and the Parametised query wich does some work on the Client side (and thus prevents SQL Injections).
    But those are only (somewhat to highly recommended) helpers.

Remember to mark helpfull answers as helpfull and close threads by marking answers.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:18 AM