Help regarding certification. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I am a post graduate in CS, MCAS Certified and having good experience in Brew, C, Office 2007 with VBA and Macro.
    Intermidiary level Hands on knowledge on networking.
    Currently as MIS officer.

Since Market fluctuation in IT industry as i am not specialized in a particular field.
    Please advise which certification is better for me to get a better job in india
    and in Middle east.
    As I m also interested in Academic in CS.

Please advise

A Hakim

Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:46 AM

Answers

• You might want to take a look at some of the CompTIA certifications - A+ (hardware), Network+ and Server+ (networking) and Security+ (security).  These are vendor neutral certifications.  These are basic/foundational courses/certifications.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:30 PM
    Answerer

• If you are interested in the Networking side then Its good for you to do Cisco certifications like CCNA. CCNP and these are very popular and will really help you to get future. Also make your strong hands on the Linux certification would be plus point 

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html

Hope this will help you.

Regards, Athar
    • Proposed as answer by Athar Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael D. Alligood Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:11 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:28 PM

All replies

• Learn .NET (Microsoft Visual Studio). Get certified in .NET Learn about all Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 certifications

Then get specialized developing SharePoint using .NET technology.  Get certified MCTS: Application Development: (For developers who want to demonstrate their expertise in building Web portals and integrating business applications with Office SharePoint Server.)

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    • Proposed as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:54 PM
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:54 PM
  • As I am not an expert programmer So is this useful for us???????
    As programming environment I am a beginner in .net.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 8:07 AM
  • Dear Sir,

Can u advise me  certification regarding Networking, Internet security, H/W.
    MoreOver that does n,t takes to much time.

Please assist.

A Hakim Khan
    Monday, July 20, 2009 8:21 AM
  • You might want to take a look at some of the CompTIA certifications - A+ (hardware), Network+ and Server+ (networking) and Security+ (security).  These are vendor neutral certifications.  These are basic/foundational courses/certifications.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:30 PM
    Answerer

• If you are interested in the Networking side then Its good for you to do Cisco certifications like CCNA. CCNP and these are very popular and will really help you to get future. Also make your strong hands on the Linux certification would be plus point 

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html

Hope this will help you.

Regards, Athar
    • Proposed as answer by Athar Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael D. Alligood Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:11 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:28 PM