File names are changed when downloading from Live Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Upload a file that contains spaces in its file name and those spaces become underscores when you download the file from Live Desktop.

Repro steps:

1. Right click on Vista desktop and select NEW > Microsoft Office Word Document. (A file called "New Microsoft Office Word Document.docx" is created)
    2. Create a new folder using Live Desktop and add  "New Microsoft Office Word Document.docx" to this folder using Live Desktop.
    3. Double-click "New Microsoft Office Word Document.docx" in Live Desktop and download the file.
    4. The file is now named "New_Microsoft_Office_Word_Document.docx".
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:12 PM

Answers

• Mr. Paul,

Thank you for the detailed repro steps.

This behavior is specific to Internet Explorer, and should be fixed in a future Live Mesh release.

Ben.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:47 PM
  • Hi russell1997,

That bug was accidentally marked as resolved while being updated.  It has not been fixed yet, but is slated to be resolved in a future release.  Thank you for calling this to our attention.  I apologize for the confusion.

Ben.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 9:06 PM

All replies

• Mr. Paul,

Thank you for the detailed repro steps.

This behavior is specific to Internet Explorer, and should be fixed in a future Live Mesh release.

Ben.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:47 PM
  • Ben,

Should we refrain from posting specific bugs on this forum and instead file official bug reports through Connect? Or both?

You guys have been doing a great job responding to forum postings and I feel like posting straightforward bugs here may drive more traffic to the Mesh forum and make the community stronger.

Thanks for your guidance on this.

Paul
    Friday, April 25, 2008 12:48 AM
  • Paul,

That's a good question.  I think the answer is, both.  Filing the bug officially through Connect will help our team keep track of, and be able to address, the problems people are finding.  But I think you're right that talking about bugs in the forums will help to build our community.  People will come here, search for an issue they're having, or talk with others, and that will benefit us all.  The stronger our community is, the better our product will be.

Ben.
    Friday, April 25, 2008 5:49 PM
  • On many of the other betas that I participate in, people usually discuss in the forum, file a bug/feature report and then post the link in the discussion in the forum so people who have the same issue can view & vote on it. (Commonly referred to as V&V I believe)

So by all means, file a bug, let us know where it is and we will v&v it. :-)
    Steve
    Friday, April 25, 2008 6:35 PM
  • The issues is marked resolved is that accurate? Still happens on mine. I added validation to the bug thread?

Qutoe:
    • Edited by RussellThomas Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:04 PM needed quote from prev post
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:03 PM
  • Hi russell1997,

That bug was accidentally marked as resolved while being updated.  It has not been fixed yet, but is slated to be resolved in a future release.  Thank you for calling this to our attention.  I apologize for the confusion.

Ben.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 9:06 PM