Posting Entity Attribute values to CRM From A Gridview RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have gridview with CRM entity attribute names(account number,name etc) as column names...The gridview contain several rows(i.e, there are many account numbers,names etc)..I want to post the gridview data on to CRM(I had already connected to CRM webservice) with  a single button click...Also,it should avoid duplicates..If CRM already contains one row of data,it should not be duplicated..pls help me to do this

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Not sure I understand your question correctly, but you have one grid(custom ??) and you want to send all the record in that grid to ms crm.

you can write a code to read your grid record one by one and create specific entity record in MS CRM (you can also write code to check duplicate record based on your key value).

Mahain
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:35 AM
  • Hi,

I am sure you want to point some record as duplication on some key value for example if any other record have same name or account number right ??? so you can write a retrieve request to search for existing records based on that and if it returns number of record that don't create that record.

refer

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb929002.aspx

Let us know if you need any other help

Mahain
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Not sure I understand your question correctly, but you have one grid(custom ??) and you want to send all the record in that grid to ms crm.

you can write a code to read your grid record one by one and create specific entity record in MS CRM (you can also write code to check duplicate record based on your key value).

Mahain
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:35 AM
  • Thank you Mahain,

How can I search CRM by specifying a key(an attribute name, for eg: account number) using CRM web service?...And how to check duplicate record based on the key value?...pls give me the samole code

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

I am sure you want to point some record as duplication on some key value for example if any other record have same name or account number right ??? so you can write a retrieve request to search for existing records based on that and if it returns number of record that don't create that record.

refer

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb929002.aspx

Let us know if you need any other help

Mahain
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:43 AM