An error occurred during an attempt to access AD FS configuration database - CRM on IFD still works fine RRS feed

• Question

• It looks  like ADFS cannot connect  to its configuration  database,  I already checked the  connection string,  and I checked and  made sure that the  the  AdfsConfiguration which is located on  \\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query is  up and running, and made sure that the  Network Service account has the proper permissions.  Here is the error  I am getting when I try  to  refresh my  previously entered  ( and previously working fine  ) Relying Party Trusts.  "An  error occurred during an attempt to access the  AD FS configuration database; Error message:  ADMIN0017: An exception occurred while connection to the configuration service. The configuration service URL 'net.tcp//localhost:1500/policy' may be incorrect or  the  AD FS 2.0 Windows Service is not running."

My  AD FS service is  running  fine,   I  turned on  trace for  ADFS, but  I  do not  see any trace  entries that  might  indicate  what the problem is.    This  only happens when I try to add  other  relying party trusts,  or I just  refresh the  existing  relying party trust  list  on  ADFS,  IFD for   CRM  2011  is  working  fine.

If anybody  has seen and  solved this problem,  I  would  really appreciate  some help.

Saturday, March 2, 2013 12:28 AM

All replies

• Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem.

ADFS works fine, but I can't view my Relying Party list within AD FS 2.0 Management. I can add new Relying Parties (given they don't have the same name as those "hidden" ones). After I add it though, I can't see it in the list.

"An error occurred during an attempt to access the AD FS configuration database: Error message: ADMIN0017: An exception occurred while connecting to the configuration service. The configuration service URL 'net.tcp://localhost:1500/policy' may be incorrect or the AD FS 2.0 Windows Service is not running."

Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:09 PM