issue validating front end server in test environment RRS feed

• Question

•  

So my first mistake, and I'll be the first to admit this.. is I didn't read through the whole admin guide Smile

I'm trying to get OCS 2007 std working in two environments.. my test environment and production.  For now, I'll focus on test because it's simpler.  I'm at a point where everything should be ok, and I can validate successfully all pieces except the front end server(specifically the IM piece and user authentication).  What's happening is when I do the validation I get the following errors..  Now from what I understand..  I shouldn't necessarily be getting these..  The users are active and enabled for OCS in AD.. and I thought I had everything right.. but still no cigar..  any thoughts on the below?

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected 

Attempting to login user using Kerberos   Maximum hops: 2
    Failed to register user: User sipBig Smilemurphy@istest.com @ Server
    Failed to send SIP request: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    Suggested Resolution: Make sure that the server is listening on the specified IP address/Port/Transport. If you have a firewall make sure that this port is open. Make sure that the server is running. If this is an Edge Server, ensure that remote user access has been enabled. This can be ignored if you have not enabled the transport on the target server.
       Failure

Attempting to login user using NTLM   Maximum hops: 2
    Failed to register user: User sipBig Smilemurphy@istest.com @ Server
    Failed to send SIP request: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    Suggested Resolution: Make sure that the server is listening on the specified IP address/Port/Transport. If you have a firewall make sure that this port is open. Make sure that the server is running. If this is an Edge Server, ensure that remote user access has been enabled. This can be ignored if you have not enabled the transport on the target server.
       Failure

Attempting to login user using Kerberos   Maximum hops: 2
    Failed to register user: User sip:bblah@istest.com @ Server
       Failure

Attempting to login user using NTLM   Maximum hops: 2
    Failed to register user: User sip:bblah@istest.com @ Server
       Failure

Check two-party IM    Check two-party IM: Skipped due to user registration failure
       Failure

Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:55 AM

All replies

• Without actually seeing your environment, I would check to make sure your 5061 listener is set for MTLS and just TLS.

Friday, June 20, 2008 1:09 PM
  • Hey... I have the same problem. Did you resolve your problem and how did you do it?

Thank you very much!
    • Proposed as answer by manila 10 Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:34 AM
  • i did end up fixing it, but to be honest I don't remember which one of the 40 things I did fixed it Sad

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:29 PM
  • DOH!! I'm also having the same issue ..

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:49 PM
  • Hi Teeo,

Are you still having the same issue? I managed to fix mine yesterday ... have a look at the following link and make sure that the DNS entry is listed: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/office/livecomm/library/deployse/lcsdse_8.mspx 

I needed to add it and there was something wrong with my CA so I exported it from OCS and imported locally on to my machine and I can connect no problems at all.

Hope it helps ...

Cheers ... Andrew

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:22 AM
  • Teeo said:

Hey... I have the same problem. Did you resolve your problem and how did you do it?

Thank you very much!

Hey.... i too have the same problem. I have strucked for more than 15 days. The error is "Failure [0xC3FC200D] one or more errors were detected".

ktg
    • Proposed as answer by manila 10 Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:29 AM
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:29 AM
  •  I have the same issue. Pls help me by seeing this error. The error is "Failure [0xC3FC200D] one or more errors were detected". And in the logs file i have the error "HTTP connectivity error : connect failure". I have tried a lot to solve this issue, but am unable.

with regards

Giri
    ktg
    • Proposed as answer by manila 10 Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:36 AM
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:33 AM