Problem for Integrating CRM 2011 with Sharepoint 2010 ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Integrated CRM 2011 with SharePoint 2010. I am not using default share point site i created new Team site https://xyz.sharepoint.com/CRM

When I opened Lead records in CRM It prompt me as shown below and select ok then it show me Sharepoint site in CRM Iframe.

is it right or I have to add Document Locations by giving SharePoint folder Url.but every time it ask for Url for every new records plz tell what i do that every time donot type  URL for each new record.

Muhammad Sohail

• Edited by sohail450 Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:31 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:50 PM

Answers

• Its seems you haven't deployed crmlistcomponent.wsp solution correctly.

Please try to deploy it again and see.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Marked as answer by sohail450 Friday, November 22, 2013 1:55 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:25 AM

All replies

• Please check the following link.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ptsblog/archive/2012/02/24/crm-2011-and-sharepoint-2010-integration-part-1.aspx

If you will configure List component successfully when you open record and click on Documents link it will prompt to create new folder like as above but you don't need to type SharePoint URL and also no need to create Document location record manually, it will create automatically.  

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Edited by _Vikram Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by sohail450 Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:57 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by sohail450 Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:25 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:04 PM
  • When you install the CRM components on SharePoint it will create a site for you. if you are using a custom location and a your own way to store document, then you will be forced to write a custom page that has the logic you want. My experience, we were not able to check the default behavior of how documents were stored and how they were supposed to be indexed.

Philip

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Hi Vikram..

thanks for answer but I want to know that if I press "OK" from figure 1 as in my question after this it show me I frame of SharePoint site always.It means every time it show SharePoint site in I frame not show the Second figure as in my question...

I ask that because I want to know that have I Configure correctly or not because i think it should show second figure as you click add button it adds the documents easily within crm but From Sharepoint site Iframe you first locate the record name folder then you can upload the documents in sharepoint ...

Muhammad Sohail

• Edited by sohail450 Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:31 AM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:27 AM
  • Hi Muhammad,

If I understand correctly, when you are trying to upload document inside CRM through Add button next screen ask you to choose file and choose folder also ( by default folder will be auto selected based on the created SharePoint folder for the same CRM record). so there is no need to select folder but if you want to upload your file some other folder you could change it. see the following screenshot :

Vikram !

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:13 AM
  • Yes, this is CRM Iframe shows SharePoint folder location based on the entity records / created SharePoint folder location.

like in your case its showing created SharePoint folder location : YourSharepoint.com/CRM/Lead/Muhammad Sohail

Vikram !

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Its seems you haven't deployed crmlistcomponent.wsp solution correctly.

Please try to deploy it again and see.

Vikram !

• Marked as answer by sohail450 Friday, November 22, 2013 1:55 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Vikram,

I have a heavily customized CRM 2011 deployment that utilizes the OOTB integration between CRM 2011 (On Premise) and SharePoint 2010.  I am trying to figure out how to remove the "Destination Folder" portion (or at least the "Choose Folder.." button) from the first screen.  Secondly, I am trying to remove the second screen, where you can enter metadata about the document, altogether.  I have been searching around and this is the closest forum post I've seen that even discusses this at all.  

Do you have any ideas/methods on how to do this?

Much appreciated.

Brian

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:21 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Unfortunately, there is no way to modify upload document page because this page is part of .wsp package which is provided by Microsoft.

But note sure from SharePoint end, If we could do some supported/unsupported to modify dialogcontainerpage.aspx page.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:34 AM