hey there RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi  This second time haven xp first is on other conputer its xp Home  and now xp pr on lap top I have 3 conputers in my home and one laptop witch I just put xp pr on but it will not take produked key even though I know its the same as I just put in other conputer . So does that mein they are going to shut me down . I have to much invested and 2 teen kids that need this . not here to give sabe story but cant put out for any more then what I have . what do I do now will I be shut down or what do I have to do . if you can help me out here   thanks

Dave Sharpe

Monday, September 10, 2007 7:49 AM

Answers

• Microsoft Windows licensing requires a different product key for each installation on a different computer.  You cannot use the same product key to install Windows on more than one computer.

Monday, September 10, 2007 1:37 PM
  • David,

Carey is correct. Each computer must be licensed separately. The End User Software Licensing Agreement or (EULA) which should be enclosed with your software will explain the requirements.  Please visit the following website: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/.  Validate Windows operating system and you will have the opportunity to Get Genuine by purchasing a WGA Kit for $149 which is about half the cost of the orginal version. Please post again if you have further questions.

thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, September 10, 2007 7:39 PM

All replies

• Microsoft Windows licensing requires a different product key for each installation on a different computer.  You cannot use the same product key to install Windows on more than one computer.

Monday, September 10, 2007 1:37 PM
  • David,

Carey is correct. Each computer must be licensed separately. The End User Software Licensing Agreement or (EULA) which should be enclosed with your software will explain the requirements.  Please visit the following website: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/.  Validate Windows operating system and you will have the opportunity to Get Genuine by purchasing a WGA Kit for $149 which is about half the cost of the orginal version. Please post again if you have further questions.

thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, September 10, 2007 7:39 PM