Money gone, new key nowhere to be found RRS feed

• Question

• Money was pulled from my account on the 2nd, called on the 3rd, was told they were resending the key, 24 hours later (they said max 24 hours) I still have no key and I have no money.  Do you have to beg to get what you paid for?  And before I hear something about my email blocking it we verified the email and since I turned my spam filter 100% off (it only marks spam, doesn't delete it anyway) and now I can get all the spam no problems we know the account works just fine.  Wishing I'd never ordered the software if this is how it works.  Be forwarned, Microsoft can create software and take you money but giving you what you paid for and sending an email seems to be more difficult.  Anyone have any ideas?  Oh yea, closed for the weekend now.

Ernie

Sunday, June 4, 2006 4:46 AM

Answers

•  erniem wrote:

Money was pulled from my account on the 2nd, called on the 3rd, was told they were resending the key, 24 hours later (they said max 24 hours) I still have no key and I have no money. Do you have to beg to get what you paid for? And before I hear something about my email blocking it we verified the email and since I turned my spam filter 100% off (it only marks spam, doesn't delete it anyway) and now I can get all the spam no problems we know the account works just fine. Wishing I'd never ordered the software if this is how it works. Be forwarned, Microsoft can create software and take you money but giving you what you paid for and sending an email seems to be more difficult. Anyone have any ideas? Oh yea, closed for the weekend now.

Ernie

Same problem here.

If you have your order number at hand you can call them at 1-866-530-6599 (toll free) and get status.

Phil
    Monday, June 5, 2006 4:34 PM

All replies

•  erniem wrote:

Money was pulled from my account on the 2nd, called on the 3rd, was told they were resending the key, 24 hours later (they said max 24 hours) I still have no key and I have no money. Do you have to beg to get what you paid for? And before I hear something about my email blocking it we verified the email and since I turned my spam filter 100% off (it only marks spam, doesn't delete it anyway) and now I can get all the spam no problems we know the account works just fine. Wishing I'd never ordered the software if this is how it works. Be forwarned, Microsoft can create software and take you money but giving you what you paid for and sending an email seems to be more difficult. Anyone have any ideas? Oh yea, closed for the weekend now.

Ernie

Same problem here.

If you have your order number at hand you can call them at 1-866-530-6599 (toll free) and get status.

Phil
    Monday, June 5, 2006 4:34 PM
  • I am also in this boat.
    Placed order on the 31st - no key.
    Online status shows it backordered.  Called the 866 number on the 2nd- they show NO record of it in their system but took all my info to give to the WGA dept and told they would call me.

Today, the 5th, still no call and no key.

I tried called twice today, been on hold FOREVER and gave up the first time after 15 mins.  Still on hold now for 10 mins - no live person yet.

Dave
    Monday, June 5, 2006 8:32 PM
  • My key showed up in email today and the disk in the mail this afternoon.  Evidently if you complain on here they notice.  Hope you guys have some luck getting your stuff!
    Monday, June 5, 2006 11:03 PM
  • I finally got through to customer service, again they have NO record of my transaction - in no way, shape or form.  The CSR checked a multitude of databases a multitude of ways.  In the end (~ 10 mins later) he took all my info and was giving it to the WGA dept,   again.

On the up-side - I checked my bank acct and in fact I have NOT yet been charged.  I just don't want to go through with placing another order and then finding I've now bought more than I needed.
    Tuesday, June 6, 2006 3:15 AM
  • 48 business hours have passed since my information was handed off to the WGA dept for investigation.

Still no email of the keys, no email update, no phone call.

Dave
    Tuesday, June 6, 2006 8:40 PM
  •  Probedude wrote:
    48 business hours have passed since my information was handed off to the WGA dept for investigation.

Still no email of the keys, no email update, no phone call.

Dave

I have an EMAIL!! Not under 48 hours, but damn close to 48 hours.  I feel better now.
    Dave
    Wednesday, June 7, 2006 4:51 AM