none
Exam 70-511 - Errors and mistakes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm preparing for exam 70-511 and I found numerous errors and mistakes in both Self-Paced Training kit and Sample testing materials.

For example:

MCTS-Self-Paced Training kit 70-511 from MS, page 498, Requesting User Account Control Permissions. This paragraph suggest that you can actually change Requested Execution Level for ClickOnce, which is not true. ClickOnce supports only asInvoker.

There is more mistakes like this in the book and sample testing questions. What worries me little bit, that if the book and testing materials are incorect, how can I can be sure that question and answers in real certification test are correct? What should I do actually? Should I learn wrong answers as well so I can pass the certification? :D

Is anyone in MS at least reading these materials before publishing?

Filip Dusek - MCAD
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

regarding the book, I would suggest to check http://oreilly.com/catalog/errataunconfirmed.csp?isbn=9780735627420. You will find some errata there. What I am really wondering about is now, that there is unconfirmed errata only ... I would expect a more active process to check stuff there to proove that something is wrong or not.

In general I woul always learn the correct way and trust in Microsoft that they are more carefull with the exams.

And to be sure, if something is correct or not: Just ask in the forum that is targeting the topic. Then you can be sure, that you unerstood something correctly. And then I would submit the errata at the given page so other people have a chance to read what you found out.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by FiLCoN Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:54 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:12 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

regarding the book, I would suggest to check http://oreilly.com/catalog/errataunconfirmed.csp?isbn=9780735627420. You will find some errata there. What I am really wondering about is now, that there is unconfirmed errata only ... I would expect a more active process to check stuff there to proove that something is wrong or not.

In general I woul always learn the correct way and trust in Microsoft that they are more carefull with the exams.

And to be sure, if something is correct or not: Just ask in the forum that is targeting the topic. Then you can be sure, that you unerstood something correctly. And then I would submit the errata at the given page so other people have a chance to read what you found out.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by FiLCoN Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:54 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:12 AM
    Answerer
  • The exams go through a more thorough review process than books therefore it is unlikely that you will come across questions in an exam that may not have any correct answers listed (I say unlikely as nothing is ever 100% perfect :-)

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:25 AM
  • Thanks for errata page, i will probably submit some of the mistakes i found.
    Filip Dusek - MCAD
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:53 AM