Where can I find information on MSBuild:* as VS Custom Tool? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have seen MSBuild:SomeTarget used as Custom Tool in recent versions of Visual Studio (for example, MSBuild:Compile slow save). However I can not find that documented anywhere.

Where can I find relevant documentation? I have asked on MSBuild forum but they said that it is out of scope for that forum as it is a VS question.

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 12:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

It seems that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss: Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

MSBuild:MarkupCompilePass1

Based on the above information, I did some research, do you mean that it is related to the WPF MSBuild like this MSDN document?

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397863.aspx

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:08 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your answer. I do not think it is specific to WPF targets, given that normally custom tool is a IVsSingleFileGenerator and without general support specifying MSBuild:* would be incorrect.

What forum is most appropriate for this question?

Cheers,
    Andrey

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:22 AM
  • Hi Andrey,

To help you find the correct forum for this issue, I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

In addition, if possible, you could share more information in your new reply about the VS custom tool, which kind of tool is it? What functions does it have? Maybe it will be helpful for the expert of the moderator forum to find the correct forum for this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:16 PM