CRM Reporting extension installation RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

CRM Database is installed in SQL Server 2008 sp3 Developer edition and SSRS is installed in SQL 2008 SP3 Enterprise edition. CRM is installed, also SQL Reporting service is configured and running. I am also able to open the Report  server URL from explorer.

While installing the CRM reporting extension after specifying the CRM configuration server, in the page where SSRS instance needs to be selected nothing is appearing to select.

Kindly support.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:21 AM

All replies

• Did you try putting the SSRS URL in manually?

Łukasz

Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:14 PM
  • HI Raga,

Where you installing SSRS reporting extension, where SQL Server installed there only right. If you kept application server separate means dont install there. Please install in DB server where SQL Server Installed.

Install in the account which has full privilege in CRM and in SQL Server.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Hi

Are you not able to type anything in that box.

You can yourself provide SSRS instance there.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:18 PM
  • which machine you trying to install the extension on?

You must run CRM Reporting Extensions Setup on a computer that has Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services or Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services installed.

I hope this helps.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Amreek Singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com http://crm2011usersettings.codeplex.com
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:28 PM
  • Yes I have checked the URL and only after that I have started Installing SRS dataconnector

regards ,

Raga

Monday, February 6, 2012 4:27 PM
  •  Dear Surya ,

we are having Database in separate server and CRM Installed in different server and the Reporting services has been installed in CRM server but the database is pointing towards the Database server. One more thing the Inside Database server there are two Instance in the first Instance we are pointing for CRM Database and CRM Config and in the Reporting server database is pointing to the second Instance

Regards

Raga

Monday, February 6, 2012 5:02 PM
  • No i was not able to type anything in the the SSRS Instance
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:04 PM
  • I was trying to Install in the CRM server were my reporting services is installed
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:05 PM