none
email problem - my email contents disapeared from server when I try to set up outlook express RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to use outlook express to send pages as attachments and as links with my emails. I set up outlook express to received and send my mail from my live.com account. I was successful retriving all my email to the outlook express. However, all the emails disappeared from my live account. The inbox is empty. That is a problem because I can only retrieve my email online at other locations. I don't know how to set it back and get my mail back to the live account. Please help.
    Monday, July 26, 2010 4:31 PM

Answers

•  
    I wanted to use outlook express to send pages as attachments and as links with my emails. I set up outlook express to received and send my mail from my live.com account. I was successful retriving all my email to the outlook express. However, all the emails disappeared from my live account. The inbox is empty. That is a problem because I can only retrieve my email online at other locations. I don't know how to set it back and get my mail back to the live account. Please help.

In OE: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. This will prevent messages being removed from your Live account in the future.

The only way you can get them back to your live account is to forward them to yourself, which of course, will screw up the message headers.

This is not a bug in the forums and Outlook Express questions should be asked here.

XP - Networking, Mail And Getting Online Forum
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads

Bruce Hagen ~ MS-MVP [Mail]
    Monday, July 26, 2010 5:22 PM