product key limits RRS feed

• Question

• i'm planning to reformat my hard drive; office 2007 and vista are loaded onto the discs i will be using to reformat
    i am wondering if there is a limit to the number of times i can use the product key for office 2007, vista, and one care
    if so, how many times can i use it and is it possible to increase the number of times if i need to?
    a reply would be appreciated
    thanks in advance
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Maisha,

In Office, the Product Activation system and the Office Genuine Advantage system are almost completly seperate, so my knowledge of Office product activation is limited. 

There should not be a limit to how many times an Office can be Activated (within reason, of course...1000 Activations within 2 days would probably result in the key beinging reviewed and probably blocked)

In XP and Vista, you can Activate over the internet a limited number of times and then the user would need to Activate by Phone. I am unsure if Office has an Activate by Phone option (I assume it does).  If it does, then it probably also has a limited number of Activate over the Internet before being required to Activate by Phone.

whether be 'Over the Internet' or 'By Phone', as long as it's a genuine copy of Office, you should be able to Activate it.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Friday, August 28, 2009 4:08 PM