Live Mesh Sync issues RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Live Mesh since 2008. I have 2 PC's syncing via the live desktop - one pc is vista, the other is xp. All was well but a month or so ago the syncing to the XP machine stopped - so all files are synced to and from the Vista machine to the live desktop - but the xp machine will only sync to the Live desktop - not fom it. In other words files created or edited on the vista machine only get as far as the live desktop, the xp machine doesn't sync with them. Both machine are set to full sync.
    I've tried stopping the syncing on the xp machine and starting it again - all that has done is now create a duplicate folder with '_001' added to its name, which is empty but apparently 'up to date'?

I delete the 'store' folder which worked once but not twice as I continued to try and fix the issue.
    I have saved the logs if anyone can see from those what is the error?

Thanks

Jon

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hello, Jon.

There are currently issues being encountered with Sync and also remote desktop, but I think that your issue might not be related. Typically, when sync fails to work properly for unexplained reasons on a single PC in the Mesh, the best thing to try is to remove the machine from the Mesh via the Live Desktop and then uninstall/reinstall Live Mesh on the PC.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 7:49 PM