NOT IN clause RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

In order to not include someone in a Dynamic Marketing List because of the fact that he previously opted out from an email list in APSIS Pro (our email marketing & marketing automation platform) I am trying to use query criteria like

If a contact (= activity party) has generated an activity with the Subject "Opt Out List" and the ApsisListId for that specific Campaign Response is equal to 12345, then do not include that contact in the Dynamic list anymore (NB! one contact can have generated multiple campaign responses with the  Subject "Opt Out List" so it needs to be the AND statement for the specific Id).

If I could do this it would be a real easy way to not include contacts that opted out from a specific marketing list in that same list. 

But I guess it is not that easy... ;-)

Do you see any way of doing this without having to build a custom solution to handle it? 

BR

Joakim Bergmark, Apsis

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Best way to tackle this would be to add additional attributes on the contact entity to capture these subscription fields. When for Campaign Response they respond as Not interested, use workflow to set the fields on the contact.

This way you do not need custom solutions and you can use simple Advanced Find to complete this. Anything beyond this, you would need custom solution.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:12 PM
  • Hi Minal and thanks' for your response. 

Let's say that I add a checkbox on Contact entity called "Include in List A" which in turn includes the contact joakim@apsis.com in a Dynamic marketing list. 

Then there's a Campaign Response where customer/activity party = joakim@apsis.com that contains subject Opt Out List and a ListID 12345. 

I cannot seem to get where I want with either a Campaign Response workflow or a Contact workflow. 

With the CR workflow I would like to update a field on contact/activity when a CR matches my criteria - which I do not seem to be able to out of the box. 

With the Contact workflow I would like to identify the CR for the specific contact and update a field on contact - which I do not seem to be able to out of the box. 

How would you create this workflow?

BR

Joakim

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

Add a lookup for contact on campaign response. This way you can then use the workflow to tick / untick the relevant fields on the contact form. If the campaign response is manually created, user can always select the contact this is for. For any other automated ones make sure the system filling populates this contact lookup.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, March 13, 2015 10:33 AM