Message ID in SOA requests - can I set or read this from the client side? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Are the IDs (see here: http://www.excelian.com/images/img/messagedetials1.png in the left most column) available to the client, or can they be set by the client? (to link what's running on the cluster with what was submitted)?

Thanks!

• Edited by DamianRK Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:50 PM
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:40 PM

Answers

• we can close this, I also saw your answer in the other thread. Thanks. 

• Marked as answer by DamianRK Friday, April 10, 2015 5:09 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi DamianRK,

This GUID for message is added internally for message tracking, and it cannot be adde externally by SOA clients.

SOA clients may utilize the userData in SendRequest<TMessage>(TMessage request, object userData) if the correlation of the request and the response is needed.

Best,

Yutong

Friday, April 10, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Hi @Yutong,

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought....

Being able to coordinate between the requests sent from the client and call backs received by the client is easy, I'm already doing it, no problem.

Some people wanted to be able to match what they see on the cluster manager job monitor screen with the requests which were sent, that's why I was asking... I guess that's not available? I looked at the 'task id' fields, but those seem to be the task ids of the worker processes serving the client calls, not the client calls themselves...

Thanks!

Damian

Friday, April 10, 2015 3:06 PM
  • we can close this, I also saw your answer in the other thread. Thanks. 

• Marked as answer by DamianRK Friday, April 10, 2015 5:09 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 5:09 PM