CalcsDeleteDB not supported with Vista x64? RRS feed

• Question

• I just ran into the "OneCare won't update virus database" issue that's been recently discussed in this forum.

I tried the manual update, checked internet connectivity, etc., and eventually ran CaclsDeleteDB to try to fix the problem.  It returns an error that it can't delete the OneCare database directory.  It appears to be trying to delete the database in the "Program Files" directory, however One Care is installed in the "Program Files (x86)" directory.  Is this a bug in the CaclsDeleteDB utility?

BTW, I next manually stopped the OneCare service, changed the directory access control settings, and deleted the database directory.  But after I restarted OneCare I still couldn't get the virus update to work - just as before.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 2:19 PM

Answers

• Yes, it would appear that they don't have a new utility for x64 yet.

As for the current situation, there is nothing you can do short of a reinstall to get back to green until the server side problem is fixed. The servers are not offering any signatures to the version currently deployed, it would appear. So, hang in there.

-steve

Sunday, October 28, 2007 7:44 PM