none
My headphones don't work when they are plugged into the audio jack. And, the computer shows that theyre unplugged. RRS feed

• Question

• My headphones won't play sound whenever I plug them in, for example: I troubleshooted the problem, and it told me to restart the PC to finish the updates. So I do that, and when I check the sound, it still says that the headphones are unplugged. Can someone please help me with this annoying issue???  
    • Edited by Charity guth Friday, November 29, 2019 11:25 PM
    • Moved by KareninstructorMVP Sunday, December 1, 2019 10:25 AM Moved from Windows forms forum
    Friday, November 29, 2019 11:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Charity guth,

I'm afraid your issue is related to TechNet forum, instead of this forum (MSDN, for software developers).

Putting that aside, you need to provide your Windows version (and build, architecture: x86=32-bit or x64=64-bit, if possible).

And I'd like to confirm if you saw the audio device in Device Manager.
    [Windows]+[R] > type devmgmt.msc --- and you can open Device Manager.

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Headphones are plug & play,if sound chip/card is installed,if so,R.click the speaker by the clock,select Play Back Devices.Locate the sound port youre using,L.click,properties.The default settings are shown to adjust/edit.Also,all pc hardware gets configured to Windows OS thru the Chipset installation software/driver,after its installed,install other hardware,chipset controls audio/video/storage controllers/etc.Youre pc mfg will have it,after the above,go to run,type: DXDIAG run the Microsoft Direct X tests..
    Sunday, December 1, 2019 12:29 AM