how do i monitor output from job in compute cluster job manager RRS feed

• Question

• I have just used compute cluster job manager. I want to test my parallel programming on cluster and monitor the output (such as output from Console.writeline("Hello world.");), but i don't know where it is stored. How do i do with the output?

please answer with the thinking that i don't know anything.

thank you for your answer.

I'm sorry for my english grammar skill.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:53 AM

Answers

• When you create a job, the job can contain one or more tasks, where each task executes a program.  To see this in the UI, do "New Job", go the Task List page, and add a task.

For each Task in a job, you specify:
    1) The Command Line to run (e.g. "C:\Program Files\My Application\myapp.exe -1 -fast?")
    2) Where to get and put StdI/O for that task

The Standard Output (and Standard Input and Standard Error) field there should be paths to the files where you would like the output of your command to go.  We recommend that this be on a fileshare somewhere, and that you specify the full UNC path to that file share.  For example, if you wanted the output written back to a location on your headnode, you would set the StdOut to \\headnode\share\output.txt

If you do not specify StdOut or StdErr locations, we will redirect up to 4k of output into the scheduler database in the Task's "Output" field. You can view this by double-clicking a task in the UI, or by running Task View #.# on the command line.

Thanks for trying out product!
    Josh

-Josh
    Friday, July 18, 2008 6:07 PM