none
Lost all my data! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Hotmail team

I lost my password from long time ago, then i re open my email again, so i find out all old emails had been lost so what should i  do???

• Moved by JOshiro Monday, December 9, 2013 5:55 PM off-topic
    Monday, December 9, 2013 2:47 PM

Answers

• Accounts become inactive if you don't sign in for more than 270 days VIA WEB BROWSER.
    After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted. Incoming messages will be sent back to the sender as undeliverable.
    Your account name is still reserved.

During this time you wont be able to re-use the same email name.

However, if the account stays inactive for an additional 90 days, the account name may be permanently deleted.

If you don't use your Windows Live ID for 365 days, your Windows Live ID will be permanently deleted.  

Once the account is marked as in-active all data is purged so even if you could get the email account back the data would be gone.

BTW.

The Microsoft account forum has been retired and all account related questions must now be asked online here
    Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page.  You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.
    You can read further information about blocked accounts here

Advice offered in good faith. It is your decision to implement same.

Monday, December 9, 2013 6:13 PM

All replies

• http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/live/en-US/20161a15-8d89-4c71-b531-bd1d6811f0dd/please-read-before-posting-this-is-not-the-forum-for-hotmailmessenger-clientoutlookmicrosoft?forum=messengerconnect
    Monday, December 9, 2013 5:55 PM
  • Accounts become inactive if you don't sign in for more than 270 days VIA WEB BROWSER.
    After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted. Incoming messages will be sent back to the sender as undeliverable.
    Your account name is still reserved.

During this time you wont be able to re-use the same email name.

However, if the account stays inactive for an additional 90 days, the account name may be permanently deleted.

If you don't use your Windows Live ID for 365 days, your Windows Live ID will be permanently deleted.  

Once the account is marked as in-active all data is purged so even if you could get the email account back the data would be gone.

BTW.

The Microsoft account forum has been retired and all account related questions must now be asked online here
    Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page.  You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.
    You can read further information about blocked accounts here

Advice offered in good faith. It is your decision to implement same.

Monday, December 9, 2013 6:13 PM