CRM 2011 Outlook client 32bit - Remote Desktop Services - slow performance RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,


    I have deployed CRM Outlook client 32bit on Terminal server (Virtual machine, 4 GB RAM, 2 processors 2,33 GHz, 3 testing users ). I am getting very slow performance  e.g. 30s to load any view. Both server a client have rollup 6.

    Has anybody successfuly deployed CRM client? How fast does it work?

    I was surprised that the intial configuration of CRM organizaion in Outlook client took around 15minutes.


    Using web client the CRM works quite fast. Loading of the views takes few seconds.

    Concurrently I am getting sometimes an error in the server trace log:

    >MSCRM Error Report:
    Error: The file '/ORG/ORG/_Common/icon.aspx' does not exist.

    Error Message: The file '/ORG/ORG/_Common/icon.aspx' does not exist.

    Error Details: The file '/ORG/ORG/_Common/icon.aspx' does not exist.

    Source File: Not available

    Line Number: Not available

    Request URL: http://crm11t/ORG/ORG/_Common/icon.aspx?cache=1&iconType=NavigationIcon&objectTypeCode=10005

    Stack Trace Info: [HttpException: The file '/ORG/ORG/_Common/icon.aspx' does not exist.]
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)
       at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

    It is obvious that there is an issue in the bad generated URL where should not be ORG/ORG but only /ORG/

    I have not done any custom settings, I have followed the installation instructions.

    Do you have any tips, what to check?


    Thanks for your help in advance.



    Thursday, February 2, 2012 3:36 PM

All replies

  • Nobody? Any similar behaviour?

    I have found out,that the client is connecting all the time to the Instance/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc

    One user is getting immediate responses.

    the others have issues probably with gateway. (But administrators did not find any issue on gateway, from other systems it works ok)

    The AD settings, CRM settings and Terminal server settings is the same. (According to customer's administrators)

    See this Fiddler trace:



    ClientConnected:    16:01:25.671

    ClientBeginRequest: 16:01:25.671

    GotRequestHeaders:  16:01:25.671

    ClientDoneRequest:  16:01:25.671

    Determine Gateway:  9361ms

    DNS Lookup:         0ms

    TCP/IP Connect:     0ms

    HTTPS Handshake:    0ms

    ServerConnected:    16:01:27.497

    FiddlerBeginRequest:       16:01:35.032

    ServerGotRequest:   16:01:35.032

    ServerBeginResponse:       16:01:35.079

    GotResponseHeaders: 16:01:35.079

    ServerDoneResponse: 16:01:35.079

    ClientBeginResponse:       16:01:35.079

    ClientDoneResponse: 16:01:35.094

    The determine gateway is too large. Everything seems ok.

    I tried to reinstall all the Outlook client and its prerequisities under the system account, which gets performance issues.(deleted all SQL CE databases) And still it was too slow. The original account was still fast.

    Update 2)

    After deleting and recreating profiles both are working slow. :)



    Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:23 AM
  • Solution found.

    It looks like moving CRM site from trusted sites into Local intranet solved the issue.

    Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Set a custom icon for all of your custom entities. This should solve the problem.
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:01 AM