Which Certification is Benificial For me ? RRS feed

• Question

• I having 8 month Exp in Microsoft Visual Studio 3.5  C# Web Application Desigining . I want to know that at this stage which Microsoft Certification will give boom in my Career . I visit microsoft cetification site and i desided to go with MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ASP .NET Applications .But This Certification have 2 Part 
    Exam 70-536 and Exam 70-562 .  i am Confused because m not able to get that which is more benificial for me . 
    Monday, May 9, 2011 4:42 AM

Answers

• I think you've got it right already. If you have 8 months experience in creating web apps under the Framework 3.5, then the closest matching certification is indeed "MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ASP .NET Applications". In order to achieve this certification you need to pass TWO exams: 70-536 and 70-562. It's not that one of them is "more beneficial" than the other. You need both of the exams, or you won't get the MCTS certification.

Alternatively, you may choose to evolve into the 4.0 version. In this case, you only have to pass a single exam (70-515) to get the MCTS, but note that there are plenty of new things in the 4.0 exam that were not in 3.5 and you will have to learn them if you want to take this newer exam (for instance, jQuery and MVC).

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:31 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 6:33 AM

All replies

• I think you've got it right already. If you have 8 months experience in creating web apps under the Framework 3.5, then the closest matching certification is indeed "MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ASP .NET Applications". In order to achieve this certification you need to pass TWO exams: 70-536 and 70-562. It's not that one of them is "more beneficial" than the other. You need both of the exams, or you won't get the MCTS certification.

Alternatively, you may choose to evolve into the 4.0 version. In this case, you only have to pass a single exam (70-515) to get the MCTS, but note that there are plenty of new things in the 4.0 exam that were not in 3.5 and you will have to learn them if you want to take this newer exam (for instance, jQuery and MVC).

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:31 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 6:33 AM
  • Am i eligible for MCPD -70-567 ??

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:35 AM
  • 70-567 is the "upgrade exam" that gives you the MCPD on version 3.5 of the Framework if you already have the MCPD on version 2.0.

So, no, unless you are already an MCPD:Web Developer on Visual Studio 2005, this exam is useless for you. You are "eligible" in the sense that you are allowed to take it, but you will not receive a certification after you pass the exam (unless you already have the "old" certification).

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:28 AM
  • YOu Suggest me 70-515 certification but It require 2-3 yr of Experience ,I saw Dumps of 70-515 and i thought i can clear this exam . Can i go ahead with this Exam ?? What Exam You will Suggest me .I Having Exp in C#.net 3.0 Web Application as well as Windows Application(less) . knowledge of WPF . 
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:11 AM