too many computers RRS feed

• Question

• I have a desktop and a laptop computer.  They are both hooked up to One Care, but they are both showing that I have 3 computers.  Can I remove one on each computer or will this cause me problems.  It shows double of the same computer on each one.  It's a double of the desktop.

Thank you in advance,

dondale56

Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:14 AM

Answers

• I assume that you reinstalled OneCare on the desktop at some point, hence the reason for the extra entry in the list of computers when you go to the Manage your OneCare Circle on a hub PC and you have apparently made both of your computers into hub PCs. Simply highlight the entry for the desktop PC that shows a last status date of some time in the past - this would be the ghost entry - and click remove this PC. You only need do this on one of the PCs and your Circle will update on both.

I'm moving your post to the Multi-PC Management folder.

-steve

Monday, September 29, 2008 2:43 PM

All replies

•  

dondale56,

Thank you for contacting the Live OneCare program forum. I'm aftraid I don't understand your post very well. Where in OneCare do you see the other pc? And what do you want to do, that is different from what you see? In addition, please explain a little more about the desktop issue. Not sure what you mean there...

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:50 PM
  • I assume that you reinstalled OneCare on the desktop at some point, hence the reason for the extra entry in the list of computers when you go to the Manage your OneCare Circle on a hub PC and you have apparently made both of your computers into hub PCs. Simply highlight the entry for the desktop PC that shows a last status date of some time in the past - this would be the ghost entry - and click remove this PC. You only need do this on one of the PCs and your Circle will update on both.

I'm moving your post to the Multi-PC Management folder.

-steve

Monday, September 29, 2008 2:43 PM
  • Thnak you so much.  This has help me with my problem.

dondale56

Friday, October 10, 2008 6:24 PM