Understanding Snapshot Synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks,

I want to use syncservices to synchronize translation information from a server to a client, which of course depends on the selected culture. In order to get a new set of data if the selected culture changes, I chose Snapshot as the syncdirection for the affected tables (DownloadOnly had the effect that no data was passed for the new culture - passed as a sync paramter - since the syncanchors are not reset). This gives me the desired data. When I now make changes on the server (a translation has changed on the server) that change is not propagated to the client. My understanding of Snapshot Synchronization was a complete refresh of the data with the passed Sync Parameters. I can help myself if I clear the client table and resync (that deletes all the data for the other cultures as well). Is that the apropriate way?

Any suggestions are very welcome!

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:43 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 5:49 PM

All replies

• The way described above should work and should give you the results you want. the sceanrio bacically is a case with changing data partition on a client which is not currectly supported by the sync services currently release.

thanks

Yunwen

Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:48 PM
  • Hello Yunwen,

thanks for your answer. When will the next release come? Will it support refresh operation on snapshot sync without deleting table data?

Thanks

Thomas

Friday, May 16, 2008 6:59 AM