Fake Missing Updates Warning Alert RRS feed

• Question

• This morning I noticed a new Alert on my Vail Launchpad stating that my system has new updates to download, but when I log into my dashboard and click on Update, the server searches for new updates and returns a " Windows is up to date" confirmation. The Missing Updates Alert does not go away even after the system checks for the update and finds none. At first I thought maybe our folks from Microsoft are doing some tests with the Updating Servers but, anyway I decided to post it here in case this is a new bug or something...

Has anyone else received this Alert?

Thanks,

John

Friday, May 7, 2010 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

Can you file a bug on connect? The alerts can take up to 30 minutes to clear, are you sure the update wasn’t applied and didn’t require a reboot?  Can you check your windows update history?

Sean

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights.

"john3jo" wrote in message news:e1f4fbe0-13bd-4d9a-a916-29ce1650ad1a...

This morning I noticed a new Alert on my Vail Launchpad stating that my system has new updates to download, but when I log into my dashboard and click on Update, the server searches for new updates and returns a " Windows is up to date" confirmation. The Missing Updates Alert does not go away even after the system checks for the update and finds none. At first I thought maybe our folks from Microsoft are doing some tests with the Updating Servers but, anyway I decided to post it here in case this is a new bug or something...

Thanks,

John

Friday, May 7, 2010 6:18 PM

All replies

• Can you raise a connect bug and upload logs from your server using the Log Collector tool?

Thanks,

Adrian (MSFT)

Friday, May 7, 2010 5:04 PM
  • Actually, the Update was required in one of the client Pcs, and when I go to my dashboard it actually says is for one of my Client PCs (Very small though). The Problem arises because the explanation on how to solve this issue inside the dashboard is, in few words "to update the Vail Server" when in fact its updating the Client PC from outside the dashboard (regular Windows Update). The Explanation does make reference to updating the clients, but I think Vail should recognize whether if the update is for the server or the client and provide accurate solutions, given that the actual purpose of the issue handler is providing this...

Thanks,

John

Friday, May 7, 2010 5:18 PM
  • Hi John,

We are taking two changes for RTM. From the alert we will have a new task that opens WUAPP and we'll tidy up the strings to be more specific.

Thanks for the continued feedback.

Adrian (MSFT)

Friday, May 7, 2010 5:59 PM
  • Hi John,

Can you file a bug on connect? The alerts can take up to 30 minutes to clear, are you sure the update wasn’t applied and didn’t require a reboot?  Can you check your windows update history?

Sean

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights.

"john3jo" wrote in message news:e1f4fbe0-13bd-4d9a-a916-29ce1650ad1a...

This morning I noticed a new Alert on my Vail Launchpad stating that my system has new updates to download, but when I log into my dashboard and click on Update, the server searches for new updates and returns a " Windows is up to date" confirmation. The Missing Updates Alert does not go away even after the system checks for the update and finds none. At first I thought maybe our folks from Microsoft are doing some tests with the Updating Servers but, anyway I decided to post it here in case this is a new bug or something...

Thanks,

John

Friday, May 7, 2010 6:18 PM