From where pulling Primary Report Type Values??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I am Working on application of Dynamics CRM 4.0 reports in C#.
    I want to Simulate Report Wizard in my Application exactly as it is working on Dynamics CRM 4.0 Reporting Interface.
    Question is that

When we clicked on Report Wizard Button. It will open a new screen in Front of us.
    In which it is asking report name, Description , Primary Record Types, Related Record Types.
    From where it is pulling values of Primary Record Types. Which methods are used for this??
    And on basis of it. It is pulling related Record Types. Also tell me the methods used for this. 
    And on basis of these Two Record Types
    It is Creating Screen of filter Which also contain some Specific Attributes.

Kindly Guide me, So that i can work on it ....

Any little help will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
    Sohaib Qazi

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:39 PM

Answers

• I would imagine it's gathering all of that information from the Metadata Webservice.  You can perform a "RetrieveAllEntitiesRequest" against the service, and retrieve all the information you're talking about in one fell swoop.  The information may contain relationships as well, at your request.
    Dave Berry
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi
    I want to Simulate Report Wizard in my Application exactly as it is working on Dynamics CRM 4.0 Reporting Interface.
    Question is that

When we clicked on Report Wizard Button. It will open a new screen in Front of us.
    In which it is asking report name, Description , Primary Record Types, Related Record Types.
    From where it is pulling values of Primary Record Types. Which methods are used for this??
    And on basis of it. It is pulling related Record Types. Also tell me the methods used for this. 

Thanks in Advance

Regards
    Sohaib Qazi

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Hi
    Question is that

Thanks in Advance

Regards
    Sohaib Qazi

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:40 PM
  • I would imagine it's gathering all of that information from the Metadata Webservice.  You can perform a "RetrieveAllEntitiesRequest" against the service, and retrieve all the information you're talking about in one fell swoop.  The information may contain relationships as well, at your request.
    Dave Berry
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:10 PM