Caller ID RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Recently installed WHS on a used Dell Dimension 3000 desktop.  Interesting program.  Will be of great use as time goes by.  Installed the caller ID on a lap top and with minor adjustment have it working very well.  Installed the Caller Id Add-in on WHS. It shows up on the console.

When the phone rings the display shows on the lap top.  Now from what I think I read, it should also be on WHS.  Sent there by the laptop.  Or is that wrong?     I also read that to store calls on WHS when your other computers are off, you need a modem and a phone line attached to the server.  Thinking this way, I have a working modem, a phone line connected, and control panel telling me the modem is working correctly.  Well calls in never show up on the server.  Are there some settings some where that I have not found to have the calls show up on WHS? 

R.T.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 12:14 AM

Answers

•  R.T._CAT wrote:
    Hi,

Recently installed WHS on a used Dell Dimension 3000 desktop.  Interesting program.  Will be of great use as time goes by.  Installed the caller ID on a lap top and with minor adjustment have it working very well.  Installed the Caller Id Add-in on WHS. It shows up on the console.

When the phone rings the display shows on the lap top.  Now from what I think I read, it should also be on WHS.  Sent there by the laptop.  Or is that wrong?     I also read that to store calls on WHS when your other computers are off, you need a modem and a phone line attached to the server.  Thinking this way, I have a working modem, a phone line connected, and control panel telling me the modem is working correctly.  Well calls in never show up on the server.  Are there some settings some where that I have not found to have the calls show up on WHS? 

R.T.

That is not a feature of WHS.  You should check with the author of the add-in.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 12:41 AM

All replies

•  R.T._CAT wrote:
    Hi,

R.T.

That is not a feature of WHS.  You should check with the author of the add-in.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 12:41 AM
  • Well........Since I read so much about it here, I thought it would be the place to ask.  I see I was in error.  Consider the "question" answered.

R.T.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 1:13 AM